Friday, October 10, 2008

Three more sleeps until we leave

Hard to believe that we're into the countdown of three more sleeps until we leave. Since tomorrow is Saturday I really must get my act together and pack at some point. My previous female cruise partner was becoming alarmed when I hadn't packed in 2006 so I don't want to scare this one - the man of course thought we were packing early at 48 hr. before departure. Tomorrow I have some baking to do, advance poll, and we're having our summer neighbours over for a pizza tomorrow evening as it's the last chance we'll have to get together until next summer.

Today I managed to get the notes printed for my PowerPoints but because of all the interruptions I had to print the notes with the slides meaning they are quite a hefty, heavy stack of paper to drag with me but what can you do? It's good to say that I'm just finished tweaking and the notes are printed. I have the presentations on the laptop and have saved them to the flashstick, and will burn a CD as well (yes I admit to being paranoid but being prepared means that hopefully I won't have to use the backup plan) At least they're all done for another run.

Tonight I decided against walking down the road as the neighbour was on the (our former) front doorstep with her black lab which is bigger than her and I wasn't up for a dogfight. Well.....we ambled down over the cobble beach and when we got in front of the other neighbours didn't the yappy black dog (smaller than our cat Gary) spy us and come tearing down the path to the beach. The next thing I knew it was attached to Keely who was biting it and throwing it in the air, the noise was incredible and I was lying on the ground stuck between two rocks. I managed to retrieve my footwear and crawl up the beach to grab the leash as Keely had the attacker (who was reconsidering) pinned to a tree. As I grabbed the leash the nasty thing left for his house and I stopped to let Keely have a swim (saltwater is good for any possible wounds) while I collected myself. I have a swollen and bruised left index finger, swollen right ankle, scratched left leg, four stubbed toes and a sore left shoulder. But I'll make it. As the shore captain said "I thought you were walking on the beach to avoid a dog fight" My nerves.

I have spent at least 30 minutes teaching the life partner how to do online banking, send a birthday wish to his aunt and chat with daughter # 3 on Facebook. His complaint is that it's not highspeed (how quickly we forget) like at the plant but as he types with two fingers and can't spell I'm not sure why he needs highspeed anyway. If a politician promised me highspeed internet connection and we representing the Rhino party this time around I'd vote for them!