Tuesday, March 1, 2011

That's it I'm running away....Playa del Carmen here we come

I've had major internet problems over the past few weeks which ended in a showdown with Eastlink which ended with me being without internet for four days and told I would have a service call in over three weeks time to look at my problem then getting a full refund for the month of February and supposedly having someone named 'Will' a the call center disciplined and losing a days pay for being rude to me as in "I'll have to ask you to refrain from eating when you're speaking to me" as I used my 10 min. lunch break at 2 p.m. to question him as to why I was having a service call the next morning when I had a call from the wireless tech telling me the tower was fixed? It made it darn near impossible to work on my online course without internet at home as work was beyond busy. The course has begun to rule my life and I'm quite a ways behind where the overachievers are (as always) which is not helpful. At the end of each day I've said "I didn't update the blog" and so....here it is:

We leave in the morning for Playa del Carmen for a week on a direct flight from Halifax to Cancun, after we stop the car off with the son-in-law in the morning. Packed, cameras ready, e-readers charged and loaded and the house, animals, plants etc. taken care of. it has been good to be off work since Saturday and trying to wrap up the details and delicious to think that I only have two LNs to work between Feb 26 and April 6th. Yeehaw!

I can see clearly now.....
Although work has been frantic there are times that you just have to take care of the staff. I'm posting a copy of two of my coworkers. The one being operated on has a wood stove and apparently got a splinter in her foot which her husband with poor eyesight couldn't assist with. So the LPN says "shall I get the googly eyes?" and proceeds to remove the foreign body from the foot before we can get down to business.Thank goodness for magnifying glasses at times like these.

Lots of travel going on actually as the teacher daughter and her husband are returned from their cruise which of course was a wonderful time. They snorkeled extensively and enjoyed all the Caribbean had to offer. Apparently need to get back into the swing of work and the exercise program after all the great meals on the ship. The baby daughter and her main squeeze are spending a week in Dominican Republic, which is the way you should spend your spring break instead of stuck in a snow bank in Fredericton. They leave a day after us.

There had been a posting online for a great sale on airfare to South America this month of only $515 return with taxes in from Halifax to Buenos Aires (instead of $1200 usually) so I was grieving having other travel plans but it turns out that it was some sort of glitch and didn't actually work out for folks who thought they'd bought tickets from this travel consolidator as Air Canada wouldn't honor them. Whew, now I don't get to feel jealous.

Had a nice visit this evening with the prodigal son and a new female friend who he is quite smitten with - and understandably so as she is attractive, quiet, self employed and has her own place. We were quite taken with her too - did I mention she has her own place? Not his usual choice of woman - a serious upgrade - so we're all amazed and holding our breath.

Had a wonderful meal on Saturday night at Lothars in town and it was German night so I would hope he could do that proud. Great menu, friends to visit with and all close to home. Now off to catch a few z z z s before heading out and towards good meals all the specialty restaurants. I am traveling with the laptop so if there are a few moments to update and there may be with someone else doing the cooking and looking after us, I shall update you. Hasta leugo.