Monday, April 30, 2012

It's almost nurses week

Since it's 'almost' nurses week the question arises....what do nurses want? The provincial union has granted locals $100 this year (actually last year too) and we have yet to do anything with it. What would nurses want? Other than time off, more money, respect, support hose.....tasers. Oh no, wait that was flight attendants who were asking for those but we COULD use them especially in Emerg. I could go on. Putting my thinking cap on now and open to suggestions.

On the topic of thinking and 'brain farts' I offer the following link:

http://yhoo.it/JOgTrj

So, I was booked to go to work a LN tonight but.....I am writing this from home. I did manage to make my way through last night even though I was sick with a rotten cold. The reason? I had switched a shift with co-worker so I could do nights instead of days and then fell ill. Can you imagine the optics of calling in on that one? Thank goodness a co-worker looked after me and we had a mercifully quiet shift. I crashed this morning at 8 a.m. deciding not to set the alarm as I 'needed my sleep' and came to at 5 p.m. Now of course it's almost midnight and I'm trying to get myself settled down - one of the shift work hazards of 'over sleeping' although I think I'm still not caught up yet and may sleep the night away as well. I also may actually get to enjoy a few of days off this week now.

And yes in case you're wondering about the Netflix thing, the shore captain had it all set up and almost lost his breath laughing while watching the movie Snatch (10 yr old flick with Brad Pitt and Benico del Toro so even if you aren't interested in the story it's easy on the eyes) which is set in Britain about a diamond hoist. It is hysterical. So we've decided that Netflix agrees with us (as we have so much free time to watch movies :)

Bag tags repurposed
Moving on to the topic of travel I'm including the following link:

http://bit.ly/IReR6D

As well as the recommendations it includes I also found the photo here on the right which (although not directly travel related) is certainly an ingenious use for twist ties. How many times have I crouched muttering behind the tangle of cords in back of the computer/printer/scanner trying to figure out which one was which. However, the following link IS travel related as I have this power strip on my list now:

 http://bit.ly/1GngTi 

Think that I am able to crash now so will sign off with the optimistic news that I'm off to an Emergency Nursing conference the end of the week and have a list of 'city errands' that I may get accomplished along the way.