Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Charging the......

Full day today and tomorrow will likely be the same as the final 'getting ready to go on vacay' mode is in full swing. 

Today I headed in to the city to pick up my prescription snorkel mask and it is fantastic! Good thing too as it's a pricey solution to being able to see what you've stuck your head underwater to view. They are good sized lenses so I think I'll just wear it all the time as the peripheral vision is even good. This baby will be tucked into its storage box, not just thrown into the snorkel bag. I stopped to do a bit of Frenchy's shopping along the way and it was crowded (March Break) and kind of picked over but I got a shirt and skirt for me and one for the shore captain. Lots of last minute laundry and we'll be good to go. 

So, I'm into the list of charge the battery for the digital camera, charge the iPods (plural), find the electrical converters, charge the Kindle and the Kobo, charge the netbook. Travel used to be so much simpler when all you had to do was pick out a paperback or two eh? I've just finished An Arctic Man, written by Ernie Lyall, originally in 1979 and republished electronically - he writes of his days in Labrador and then moving to Spence Bay - his son mentioned it to me while I was there. It's an excellent read and now the travel partner will get to read it while away. I've started the latest Echo Heron book called Noon at Tiffany's on my Kindle which is a complete departure from her usual nurse material but it's an excellent read so I'm looking forward to getting into that. I have also downloaded Our House in Arusha by Sara Tucker and recommended that to my coworker in Taloyoak as she is heading to Kilimanjaro via Arusha in April. So many books, so little time. 

Had a nice video chat yesterday with my summer neighbour from her place in Iowa City and got caught up on the news. And I headed up to supper with my buddy last evening followed by internet research into the various dining options - we booked for the steak and Brazilian restaurants just to be sure we could get in and will opt for others if recommended on a more impromptu basis. We checked out the various shore excursions and found many to our liking - choosing will be the difficult part - more research required as to whether the semi submersible or glass bottomed boat would be the best option. Technology is great when it works for us, not in reverse.

So, off to check the excess baggage allowances. Will be in touch the end of the month. Hasta leugo.