Monday, January 19, 2009

Change is good

Just to update you on the message I found in my inbox there has been an itinerary change for Sea Princess and it’s all-good. We’re leaving Barbados at 9 p.m. instead of 11 p.m so more in keeping with the travel partner’s biorhythms and no conflict with the airfare. Instead of visiting Caracas (La Guaira) Venezuela we are visiting Izla de Margarita!!! This is a definite improvement, as I wasn’t looking forward to that destination due to poverty, crime and not much to visit and have always been interested in Margarita Island. The times were tweaked with two less hours in Montego Bay, and four more for Grenada. Things are unfolding the way I like.

There was also a pleading message with the entertainment agency in-house travel agent suggesting he could match the local agent’s airfare. I think not as it appears he has quoted in US funds and without tax, but if he wishes to make work for himself I have asked him to clarify. No need to turn a man down without all the facts. I think I need to take the advice of my very smart first-born daughter as she asked, “what were you doing messing around with the travel agent anyway? Why didn’t you just book your airfare yourself online?” That was a question I asked myself after the additional $40 each drop in price after we booked. There were different opinions on that with a co-worker saying “$40? Get over it” and another saying “that would make me mad too”. But the reason I was ticked was that the travel agent said, “oh, there’s nothing we can do now, you just have to forget about it and go and have a good time”. This is excellent advice of course, and especially as it wasn’t her money she was discussing.

The above emails were found at the culmination of a marathon dialup session where I searched for photos of Newfoundland fishing vessels for the shore captain (who has very limited computer skills) under the direction of his brother (who has high speed access and no concept of dialup at all) until persistence paid off and the group effort located his former vessel built the year the prodigal son was created in 1987 and sold to Newfoundland. So that accounts for not getting anything much else done this evening.

So considering that I dropped my purse on the doorstop on my way out this morning, this resulted in NOT being able to pick up my bifocals (I sense perhaps a subconscious negativity to that purchase) or the groceries or anything else on the list and made for a direct trip home. The list remains so of course will be waiting for after work tomorrow with the addition of a stop at the post office – likely the travel partner’s passport. So…we are gaining.