Friday, April 23, 2010

Adventures of Stanley

Woohoo! I am heading into another set of days off and I am going to spend all day scrapbooking on Saturday - doesn't get much better than that! And it's a good thing too as I did double duty today as I spent the entire day in a union meeting, stayed in town as it was too late to return home and so visited the library then did a walk, a quick Frenchy's shop where I found lovely beige M.O.B shoes which are perfect and only just broken in - what a find - along with a uniform top, great baby clothes for a co-workers baby shower, a pillowcase, three good books and a great zippered shopping bag to put it all in.

We have had another feline situation as poor Stanley is recovering from another AWOL experience - this one was likely over 24 hours as I missed him on Wednesday morning as I left for a LD. When a rattling of the treat bag doesn't produce him you know you have a problem. Upon arriving home I discussed the situation with the shore captain and he agreed that Stanley hadn't been present when he left earlier than I did. As dusk was fast approaching I headed over to the woods behind our deck with the treats and heard a frantic meowing. I located poor Stanley crouched in a thicket with a severe case of PTSD and no amount of cajoling would bring him out. Took the dog for a walk, left the front door open while I was gone etc. But it took a twin effort of the life partner herding and me cutting him off at the pass while we chased him around the house. A false start where the shore captain left the front door open and we had to repeat the effort, this time with the front exit closed. He was so traumatized that he headed for the basket on top of the mudroom cupboards hyperventilating. He was finally coaxed down with treats and settled. Yesterday morning he was purring and pleased to find himself in the basket on my bureau as opposed to being in the wilds with all those critters. Will be a while before he attempts that again me thinks.

All the excitement kept me from finishing up my borrowed copy of 206 Bones which is the latest Kathy Reich's novel. And it is (of course) a real page turner. So home I go to read a few (very few) pages before I head off to bed.