Friday, July 30, 2010

Karma

Finished my day shifts and the shore captain was the chauffeur to get daughter # 1 to the airport for her flight to the wild west. Nothing economically going on here for young folks so the sad reality is that they have to make a living. She will miss the salt air for sure.

Up this morning for an appointment in town and back to find the cleaning lady had worked her magic. Ahhh, very spiritual. Heading in for a night shift this evening and it's already been a good day so hope the karma continues. Received an excited voice mail from my sister telling me that I'd become a great auntie again as my niece's booked c-section had gone well and they have a 7 lb. 15 oz. son they have named Grant. When I returned her call the pleased as punch grandfather was picking out a masculine outfit for the boy before they headed in to visit. I was teasing her that they'd have to have classes in what to do with a boy as their two daughters have given them three granddaughters thus far. The important thing is that he his healthy of course and the bonus apparently has lots of hair, the anxiously awaited photos have not been posted yet. Also waiting to hear how a western friend is making out - an aortic valve replacement and cardiac bypass are not minor surgeries - thinking good thoughts.

Tonight and tomorrow will be the last shifts I have the re-entry student I'm preceptoring with me and it will be a shock to return to being the only one to do the work. Although it keeps you on your toes with the questions it has been nice to say "oh, you haven't done that yet?" especially if the task is not on my fave five. My protege had an interview yesterday so it won't be see ya hopefully but welcome back officially. Work for nurses is not far away.

The dog and I headed out for a stroll (she attempted to eat too many blueberries on the roadside so I gave up picking) and now I'm off to get myself ready for the overnighter. Hasta.