Friday, October 8, 2010

Bucket List

Another day and another update, I'm doing well considering I'm on vacation. And speaking of vacation, travels etc. here is the link to a bucket list blog:

http://50essentialexperiences.com

While the menfolk sought the elusive waterfowl, even going so far as to take the duck and goose callers with them, it is looking like the western daughter may have to buy a goose after all for her later on Thanksgiving dinner. There were apparently large flocks of birds but none made their way home with them. The shore captain managed to capture some nice pictures but that doesn't fill you up. The first shot on the left is of the sunrise they witnessed and the middle is the elusive waterfowl.Here in PA we are enjoying balmy weather with the mercury hitting 25 c this afternoon as I regretted not packing shorts for my northern vacation. This morning the ladies headed out to check out yard sales and there were good finds to be had - too bad I can't pack a large crock in my carry on luggage - the Tupperware alone which the daughter scored was worth the trip. We headed over to Canadian Tire to pick up one of the specials and when the three of us headed back to the rental car we attempted to gain access with me hauling on the door handle, our hostess waiting patiently and the daughter saying "I've pushed the door opener thingie at least eight times" until I looked into the back seat and spied a fleecy blanket realizing we were trying to break into someone else's vehicle. Good thing it didn't have a car alarm is all I have to say! We visited the prison - PA is rather well known for its penitentiary and the fact that it is home to four prisons - and then headed out for groceries as the chef needed the fixins for supper.

The women spent the afternoon on the deck chatting, enjoying the sunshine, and a newly invented cocktail of butterscotch ripple schnapps and club soda - don't judge too quickly as it is very tasty! We enjoyed cabbage soup courtesy of our Polish host this evening and although I am not a fan of sauerkraut this was delicious! Perhaps I can persuade the chef to share his recipe.