Sunday, May 15, 2011

I'm not finished yet, leave me alone
What are you looking at anyway?
 Today when I headed up to the pick    the paper out of the tube at the end of  the driveway...Klyde 'asked' to go out  by screeching at the front door. Apparently the shore captain has been letting him out in the morning as he feeds the dog and puts Gary on his run, then he trots back to the door. If you forget him he yells loud enough you can hear him inside and rescue him. So I put him out to 'graze' and headed up the driveway and he was still mowing down when I returned. This is as close as he gets to being an outdoors cat.

Thinking of photos I'm including this link:

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2jgTSX/www.uncorneredmarket.com/2010/01/10-tips-for-taking-great-food-photos/

And of course should you be thinking of vacations (it's hard not to eh?) here is a link for vacation pics:

http://www.vagabondish.com/5-tips-unique-vacation-photos/

As well as vacation topics since the planning is on for a fall vacation with airfare going to be the part that is painful:

http://www.uncorneredmarket.com/2010/08/how-to-travel-outside-your-comfort-zone/

http://www.singleoccupancyblog.com/2011/05/15/reservations-about-eating-alone/


I enjoyed my day off today and really had very little to show for not being employed for pay. Those are the best kind of days off I think which include reading the paper, french toast for brunch, a dog walk, downloaded a travel guide to Morocco (it's on the bucket list) to my Kindle and catching up on the news/gossip online through email, Twitter (did you know it was 21c in Yellowknife today?) and Facebook. I'm a little lost (in an exceptionally good way) with no course to work on so spent the day playing. Since I'll have had six days off before I head back to work I best be accomplishing something. Friends arrive on Tuesday for a couple of days so it will be fun to play hostess and taking my two day shifts off is really a bonus as these shifts have been very unfun lately.