Sunday, April 29, 2007

Technology

Do you have logizomechanophobia? Not likely as you’re reading this online and it’s …. the fear of computers! Now wouldn’t a website which spells all out all the phobias really come in handy? Well someone has thought so - here’s the link: http://www.phobia-fear-release.com/phobia-dictionary.html You just never know when you might need this information. I'm sure there's not much fear of technology with my loyal blog readers as I know that quite a few countries, professions, age groups and relationshops are represented but the majority are female gender.

Now tomorrow I have to head off to Yarmouth to do an orientation session for new employees and run some errands. This is because my life partner is someone who if you name anywhere in Nova Scotia (or beyond really) can find an errand he’d like you to run. Oh, you’re going to Shelburne - I need you to go to the machine shop - that sort of deal. Well tomorrow I’m in search of the chain saw repair shop because….he tried to fix the pull cord on his Stihl chainsaw himself. This means it wasn’t like the Husquavarna he used to have and fix in 2minutes, it flew apart when he opened it and… a small plastic piece crucial to it’s operating has mysteriously disappeared on his very cluttered work bench. I assisted in the search for a bit when I happened upon him on his hands and knees muttering as I returned from walking the dog but both Keely and I quickly tired of the game and so I have promised to be the courier tomorrow. Much easier to fix it himself eh? Not.

My travel partner is just finishing up her first of two weeks in Cuba. I’m thinking that’s a good transition from the cruise, a few days home to catch up on the laundry as you really just have to wash and repack not really switch wardrobes and you’re off again. Now that is something I could aspire to. Much more fun than being a courier of chainsaws. I was packing away my passport today (as I’m not the frequent traveler my partner is) and was thinking that a cruise really is quite the fantasy as….your passport doesn’t even get taken out of the safe or stamped in the countries you visit and you don’t even have to change your funds from US dollars as all the countries use it as currency for the cruise passengers. But as I review the fantasy it reminds me that I must call the photographer to arrange for my photo shoot for my publicity photo (stop laughing I am serious) to start the cruise ship speaking process.

I’ve decided that I’m a bag lady. I have one bag for work, one for the beach, one for writing, one for scrap booking, one for first aid teaching - you name it, I have a bag for it and it’s likely packed and ready to go somewhere. Occasionally I sort out a bag, combine a couple of them or find a new place to stash one but I never seem to be without one. At least I’m not carrying a diaper bag! I cannot imagine being one of these late in life mothers that are becoming more usual now due to establishing careers etc. Mind you I was born when my mother was 42 and my sister came along when she was 46 - but I simply cannot wrap my head around the thought of having a four year old at my age - the two thoughts just don’t go together in one person - you’re either 50 or you have the four year old. My baby is graduating from high school on June 28th, there are some things to be grateful for it seems.