Saturday, February 23, 2008

Digging out again

I would've posted a photo of the life partner plowing the driveway today with the 4 wheeler/plow but frankly I found the thought of documenting yet another dumping of the white snow just too depressing. We were predicted to receive 15 cm last night and we got that and then some. It took me almost 1/2 an hour to clean off the two steps.

Thank goodness yesterday was Friday as the past five days felt like one long work week. When I arrived for Casual Day in my jeans and t-shirt (which read The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves with pirate motif) I was told firmly by the Dietician with a very disapproving look that I should not be wearing the shirt and not to go to the kitchen as she had instructed her staff the skull and crossbones was inappropriate attire. My reply was that 'if the 60+ Rehab Assistant can wear a shirt that says 'I'm not a Doctor but I can take a look at that for you' I'm going to continue as I walked away. There were many crises du jour including one where a family member told me a patient having to be isolated was weepy and I could certainly identify with that. In response to one situation/fiasco I quote the Nurse Manager who is leaving for sunny Florida on the weekend "just another example of why I need a holiday" which I can certainly understand and to think I am only back one week already. But enough about work this is the weekend after all and meant to be enjoyed.

This afternoon has turned into a sunny winter wonderland which was very pleasant for a dog walk but I could still live without seasons. We're off tonight to watch Bucket List so must get supper started. Fried of course - remember - like the oven.

I leave you with this cute poem sent to me by my birthday twin - neither of us are Grandmas yet but we're planning our revenge - the rest of you can put it into action!

When I'm an old lady....

When I'm an old lady, I'll live with each kid,
And bring so much happiness...just as they did.
I want to pay back all the joy they've provided.
Returning each deed! Oh, they'll be so excited!
(When I'm an old lady and live with my kids)

I'll write on the wall with reds, whites and blues,
And I'll bounce on the furniture...wearing my shoes.
I'll drink from the carton and then leave it out.
I'll stuff all the toilets and oh, how they'll shout!
(When I'm an old lady and live with my kids)

When they're on the phone and just out of reach,
I'll get into things like sugar and bleach.
Oh, they'll snap their fingers and then shake their head,
(When I'm an old lady and live with my kids)

When they cook dinner and call me to eat,
I'll not eat my green beans or salad or meat,
I'll gag on my okra, spill milk on the table,
And when they get angry...I'll run...if I'm able!
(When I'm an old lady and live with my kids)

I'll sit close to the TV, through the channels I'll click,
I'll cross both eyes just to see if they stick.
I'll take off my socks and throw one away,
And play in the mud 'til the end of the day!
(When I'm an old lady and live with my kids)

And later in bed, I'll lay back and sigh,
I'll thank God in prayer and then close my eyes.
My kids will look down with a smile slowly creeping,
And say with a groan, 'She's so sweet when she's sleeping!'
God Bless All Moms and Grandmas