Monday, February 18, 2008

It was a dark and stormy night

It was a dark and stormy night – yes it is for sure this evening. I’ll keep this brief, as due to all our electrical/technological issues yesterday I don’t want to tempt fate with a lightening strike.

I was glad to be off to the district facility today and not dealing with the home front. The update from the man coordinating the post silviculture clean up was that the price of a new wall oven would be $900, not sure of the parts cost or if these will work, that the cable and phone lines were repaired this morning so…progress is being made. Mister was looking out the window at the trees blowing this evening and I firmly advised that he won’t be doing any tree clean up if it’s required. He was content to hibernate in front of the sports channel due to his deprivation of last night’s updates.

While searching for the website of our Cuban island getaway I ‘googled’ the name Cayo Damas and came up with daughter #1s entry on 43 Things about her time in Cuba. Here is some background on 43 Things which is a social networking site to basically list your goals, plans etc….you know your Bucket List (as in the movie) Not so much like Facebook you can just share lists of goals etc. Kind of to keep you on track – much like sharing New Years resolutions (well is meant to do) with others.

http://www.43things.com/about/view/learn_more

I’m thinking that 43 things isn’t a very long list with all the plans I have – retirement written 43 times doesn’t take up much room.

Both of the team members who do full time positions in the district facility are planning to be off the last two weeks in March so that will mean I’m holding down the fort – can’t wait. Tomorrow will be the test of my patience as I head back into the office (wherever it is now) to wade through the emails, mails and messages. What fun.