Thursday, March 5, 2009

Two weeks from today

Well, since two weeks from this date I will be putting the last minute touches on the packing, I really should get my act together and do my presentation but...procrastinating is so much more fun. I ordered a netbook for the trip which is supposed to arrive by Tuesday so it will be fun to put the Powerpoints on that - maybe it'll make me more dedicated. I did find some t-shirts at Frenchy's so my cruise wardrobe is as chic as it's going to be I think.

The Capt. is (not surprisingly) doing really well. I spoke to him today and he tells me that he was up three times the length of the hall and the Rehab person coudn't catch him the last time. He has all his tubes could be discharged home (not to the community hospital but home) as early as tomorrow afternoon but the hold up will likely be getting equipment and services in. I have been interacting today with his WCB case worker and hospital discharge planners - oh excuse me - they're called patient transfer liason now today and it's a wonder anyone ever leaves a hospital! I told him that since he had time on his hands and was bored, he could direct things from his bed and gave him some of the contact numbers as he needed something to do. Hopefully by Monday the logistics will be worked out and he'll be homeword bound.

There has been talk that the understudy Captain (aka prodigal son) will be taking a trip fishing with his inaugural voyage next week. I told his father that this would have to happen on the weekend as I will have to be sedated to stand it and can't be medicated that heavily and still attempt to work! According to the marine weather the window of opportunity may be Sun/Mon and this fits nicely with the shore captains' proposed business travel to Bangor, Maine for discussions re: fish stocks with Canadian/US industry/government gurus on Wednesday. If he heads out, I may just get things together here in time.


Have you ever tried StumbleUpon? It (or so the description says) delivers increasingly relevant content as it is a personalized recommendation engine. Check it out:
http://www.stumbleupon.com/
I am thinking (whine whine) that it is something I would enjoy IF I had highspeed internet access.

Well, enough putting it off, Powerpoint here I come.