Saturday, January 30, 2010

Early morning musings

Well since I'm awake at 2 a.m. and the workload has been steady but not frantic...here I am. Trying to stay awake as the carbohydrate load from the hawaiin pizza and chocolate cake and attempting to induce me to take an upright nap. I shall fight on. It's been a snowy night so the ER nurses are available to help out and we are one staff above complement due to orientation of new staff so a much different night than the previous one. Tough life this working as a staff nurse eh?

I'd like to acknowledge the kind words of a few of you who wrote lending support for the IV starting incident of the other day. Much appreciated, and be reassured that I have regained my equilibrium and am leaving the resolution to the 'what goes comes around goes around' theory.

In fact the quieter pace has led me to sign up on Twitter. I was finally prompted as the writing association is even on Twitter. There are many temptations now that I have highspeed surfing available. The travel sites are my latest vice. And what could better than knowing what John Cleese is tweeting? Especially when he calls his followers 'loyal twats'. Yes, yes I think I like this new technology.

So after I make it home, a morning nap and then we shall head up to see friends in the evening - bearing lobsters - for a visit. No shortage of crustaceans as there are still lots being held locally so we must take advantage.