Friday, March 28, 2008

Bald yet?

This is the weekend of the head shaving fundraiser at UNB so I am awaiting the photographs of the event. As it turns out I'm teaching first aid this weekend but (another) rotten - we can't even say winter as it's officially spring storm has dumped a load of snow, freezing rain and now rain making a slushy mess - so travel to Fredericton would've been dicey at best. If anyone wasn't tired of the white stuff before they sure are now.

I am celebrating the fact that the two team mates are back to work on Monday - yeehaw - so hopefully I'll be able to get caught up. The stomach bug making it's rounds 'appears' to be settling so the prospects look good for getting back to normal - whatever that is.

I appear to be making progress is my quest for a large suitcase as I posted a message to Buy & Sell on the district bulletin board and had an email today with the offer of a large, new one for daughter # 1. As well, along the way I've scored a charcoal grey Samsonite set and the promise of another set all in good condition which sounds to me like his and hers bags. Obviously if I'm going to be cruising the high seas I have to have decent luggage. We've gotten into the habit of traveling to Cuba with yard sale suitcases which are given to friends along with the contents of gifts and thus flying back almost baggageless. It played out last spring as a bit frumpy with all the matched luggage of the cruising set. So my arrangements for the speaking circuit are falling into place. As well while I was in the ecologically correct mood of purchasing used goods I found an ad for an office chair for the Man Cave - a real step up from the hazardous piece there now and have put my name in for his and her 21 speed bikes. So I'm a real shopping pro.

I must get my first aid course materials in order. I certainly enjoy teaching first aid but giving up my weekend off I'm not so keen on. I have a final course booked next weekend and then....that's it until next winter if there is an interested group. The dragging the bags, disinfecting the Acthar heads, ordering materials - which didn't arrive in time despite the promises, it gets old fast.