Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Congratulations daughter # 1

This is just a furtive midnight post before I crawl into bed. But I couldn't let the opportunity to congratulate daughter #1 on landing a great job go by. She's been accepted into a management trainee program with Enterprise yes, one of the 50 best companies in Canada to work for! She starts her program on Monday, May 26th (only four days from now) and is off to Red Deer for the first few days. So all the job hunting and hard work of the past month have paid off for her. And of course they're lucky to have her too as she's one smart cookie.

I am hoping my luck runs as well as I've yet to hear from the cruise ship speaking agency. The account manager was to be back in the office on Tuesday from an absence so is likely getting dug out. Two more days in the week yet so I'm still thinking positively. And of course there will be a scramble to get the presentations in order if so.

Scrapbooking is addictive and I was enticed to staying up too late to work on some pages with the junior scrapper so I'll pay the price in the morning. So will she if the phone rings again at 5 a.m. for her to go to work. Her brother is leaving for fishing in the a.m. and his girlfriend is off to finish up her clinical hours, the man of the house lobstering so it will just be the cats holding down the fort.