Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Spring proof

Today at work was busy, busy but then again what would you expect from the first day back off a four-day weekend? The positive thing is that tomorrow is already Wednesday – yeehaw.

Last evening we (that is the summer resident daughter, myself and a friend from up the road) were scrapbooking. Well actually the daughter was scrapping and the more mature scrappers (well at least older) were sorting so that we will have materials to scrapbook the next time around. I checked email as the friend arrived and was telling her that her husband was sending messages to other women as soon as she left the house. We were amused by his message, which I’m pasting here, as you can see he hasn’t forsaken his Cape Breton roots:

Hi

I was wondering if I could use you as a reference. I have a shot at cruise speaking on the Englishtown Ferry. They want me to do a series of three minutes talks on being educated by the Nuns.

If I am successful it could lead to a gig on the Tancook Island Ferry and even, dare I say it, The Brier Island run. The best part is I get to take a guest with me and we only have to pay half price. Maybe I could go on one of your cruises with you and you could trade off and ride the Englishtown Ferry with me.

Thanking you in advance

Ink Slinger

Now daughter # 1 has a third interview tomorrow with the company who are filling their management trainee course beginning May 26th so will just wait to hear that they’ve snapped her up. If they’re smart they will as she’s a fine catch. So I’m sending positive vibes her way.

To prove that spring is actually arriving here I’m including photos of my front flowerbeds. Now bear in mind that we’re near the water and the front is in the shade so flowers here are about a week behind other bloomings. Just the same they have made it through a rough winter after being transplanted from their nursery bed on the hill. Hope remains. And it’s a much nicer marker than saying..... “the ticks are out” as we usually do. Although that is unfortunately the case as well. The dog patiently waits to be checked and jumps looking for imaginary ticks on her when sleeping. I know the feeling!