Friday, May 30, 2008

Off to Montreal

Well since I'm up early in the morning to head to the airport...this will be brief. I'm heading out to Montreal for a national infection control conference and yes it is as exciting as it sounds - hand sanitizer everywhere, lots of doom and gloom - what more could you want?

In the mad rush to get out of the office, while doing all the end of month paperwork, add in some computer problems and it was ended up to be a pretty insane day. With tomorrow the last day of (a rotten) lobster season and everyone landing traps and two household occupants working opposite shifts in a nursing home and you get the picture.

One of the staff asked me to check on immunization requirements for her for....Rwanda as she's in the running for a mission for physiotherapists. I told her she was only allowed to go if she takes me with her. She said she would have to fundraise as it would cost $6000 but there was an optional trip to see the gorillas and as she said to her husband "if I go that far I am certainly going to see those gorillas!" That goes without saying I assured her.

In the spirit of travel I am pasting a link to a website a local travel agent sent to me about ziploc baggies and travel:

http://www.takeoffeh.com/readarticle.php?article=1875

Back in the land of anglophones by Friday so behave until then.