Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mothers Day and more

We spent a busy weekend what with daughter # 2s graduation with a Bachelor of Arts from Universite Sainte Anne. This was a very polished affair held in the packed cathedral with the front all backlit, music from a small orchestra and a group of smiling local, national and international graduates. Unfortunately most of our graduate’s family understanding only English were left with puzzled looks on faces as the majority of the two-hour proceedings were en francais. The weather was terrible with strong winds, buckets of rain, foggy and cold so making it tough to get from church to gymnasium and then on to eat. We had supper at Chez Christophe, which has good local food in a restored farmhouse but combined with the drive up and back it made for a long day. And…. this is only a dress rehearsal for the final graduation with BEd in 2010.

Mothers Day was lovely what with a phone call from the Albertan daughter, and local visits from the nearer offspring. I even managed to have the man of the house cook breakfast for me although I heard him later explaining to one of the kids that I’d come around the corner just as he just got the bacon and eggs cooked so he felt he had to give them to me.

Although the planned scrapbooking last evening was modified to accommodate only the internal crafters (due to busyness and illness of invited guests it will be rescheduled) I was pleased to complete my cruise album. Always good to be able to move on to other projects.

I spent Monday in the district facility and it was never ending. It is also one of three days I have to travel there this week. But as I convince myself that facing work in the morning is not THAT bad I found this quote:

It is better to have a permanent income than to be fascinating. - Oscar Wilde