Sunday, March 28, 2010

Another Sunday

Well, as I reviewed my last posting which spoke optimistically of having supper ready to go etc. I thought of the best laid plans. Yes, I did sleep very well with my blackout curtains and earplugs and awoke to the sound of my alarm at 4:30 p.m. after a full days sleep. Yes, I am the envy of my day sleeping shift worker colleagues. I awoke to the cooked casserole and a sunny day so I decided to take the dog for a walk. My biggest mistake was leaving the front door open while I tied my sneakers. Klyde ventured out for a stroll as he's fond of nibbling on the green shoots in the front flower beds but he always strolls right back in. His (delinquent) sidekick Stanley darted out as well and made a beeline for under the deck. No amount of cajoling, kitty treats, and darting at him as he peeked out were successful, although he did furtively nibble on the trail of treats out of reach. I finally tackled him as he made for the treeline and received a deep bite on my right thumb when he panicked. As I dumped him back in the house I realized the statute of limitations for the dog walk had expired as there was only time for supper and a shower before work. The poor dog always gets the shorter end of the stick with those cats. I came to work to find the full moon had resulted in a very hectic place!

Friday I slept the morning away and when the cleaning lady called at 1:15 p.m. to see if I was up for her to come clean I groggily came to and agreed. I managed to catch up on the news and get myself ready for civilization and took off to do some errands. I dropped in to the MLAs office to do battle about the highspeed internet promise and was told that at my address we would receive highspeed by May from the highspeed tower in Upper Port LaTour! Now we can see the tower about 1/2 km from our house so why would be receiving the signal from 30 minutes away? I was very insistent with the office person that I wanted an answer from someone in the government agency that had given my tax dollars away without any accountability to Eastlink. The MLAs assistant got on the horn to the government department and I gave a geography lesson through the phone in very irate tones to the civil servant who thinks the world begins and ends in Halifax. Needless to say I left without an answer and not much hope that anyone would help me. I did get my grocery shopping done so at least felt like I got something accomplished. Friday night with my Jimmy Buffet novel and butterscotch ripple liquer to sip in front of the fireplace. Ahhh.

Slept in until 11 a.m. yep, you read that correctly - acted just like a teenager as I had the reason of pulling an overnighter. Hung the clothes out in the bright sunshine, but it was misleading because the basket of wet clothes froze stiff in the time it took me to get myself outside after the prodigal son carried them out for me. The laundry did actually dry beautifully though and smelled so lovely. After lunch the bride and groom to be arrived and the afternoon was spent printing wedding invitations until the couple left for supper at the inlaws. The shore captain barbequed some steaks for us for supper and I ran away for the aforementioned overnighter. Now home for a quick family visit and a nap. Later.