Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Take that Bell Canada

A quick update as I find a few moments at work because….I am having connectivity issues in a big way – mostly financial! The ongoing technical continue, but the main problem is that I finally found out what the turbo stick is costing and it ain’t pretty. Apparently it has been $102 for January and $101 for February bills. Not that I received any bills since December due to a screw up in the e-billing. I yelled so badly at customer service about the fact that my $70 bill for this month because I have spent so many hours on the phone with tech support following their instructions and used up all my space that my account was credited. But in order to cancel my contract I have to give 30 days notice (meaning I’m free on April 9th) and pay a penalty for each remaining month which totals $160 + taxes. The customer support dude suggested that someone else might take over my contract and I laughed out loud saying that if they knew the story behind my situation they sure wouldn’t want to. So, the final decision was to cut my losses and run for it by paying the $145 I talked the customer service rep down to and pulling the plug. So my plan is to wait out the high speed connection because I don’t even have a computer in the house which will connect to dialup except for a castoff left by the baby daughter which is definitely not worth the $40 per month for that! So the postings will be sporadic perhaps as I live with work/library/wireless when in town.