Saturday, May 1, 2010

Cape Cod - Not

I am just finishing up a night shift, sleep this morning, volunteer at the local bingo this evening and then work (the switched) day shift on Sunday, so a busy weekend. As we wait for the sunrise I can catch you up a bit on developments in my world.

There were tentative plans to accompany the shore captain to Cape Cod in July while he attends Canada/US meetings on fish stocks. This however is not to be as he did not have the dates correct and I requested the third week of July, however....the meetings are the second so...the Nurse Manager had done her best to accomodate my original request (even though I am very close to the bottom of the seniority) but of course the actually needed dates are not able to be gotten off and there would be no point in keeping the week following his meetings as he will be as busy as a one armed paper hanger when he's back and trying to catch up. I think I will console myself by trying to make to Read by the Sea in River John on July 24th if I can't make it to the US:

http://www.readbythesea.ca

Such is the life of a shore captain's wife - I have to make my own entertainment plans.

He's in the dark (if not black) books as he picked up my netbook from the computer shop. And why would I have to take it for repair? Because the Bell turbostick messed up the wi-fi. He calls me on his cell to say "I'll drop it off for you" "as if I have wi-fi at home!" I yell in reply.

My Kobo e-book reader has been shipped from Mississauga but now I am at the mercy of Canada Post which is never a good place to find oneself, as I wait in anticipation. I have been scouting online for free/cheap or can’t live without reads. There are good selections to be had, although I am very averse to even paying .99 for the privilege. Schizophrenia for Dummies just doesn’t happen to be on my ‘must have’ list right now. I will have to sort out the format / downloading issues in the next while.

And in closing...should you wish to travel through a blog here is an interesting link:

http://bb33fr.blogspot.com/