Thursday, May 27, 2010

June 11th here we come

A few moments at work to catch up on all the details as I still do not have access to high speed although.....we are getting closer. I called Eastlink today and was given the first appointment they had for June 11th to have a tech come out and test for signal and hopefully hook up the wireless. If that isn't possible there are three other steps they can take. Mind you, they won't give you a time but it's either morning or afternoon. I said "Not a problem, I WILL be here". And with the installation and first month cost it's $166 so you have to give the tech the cheque which will be waiting!

Speaking of technology if you can believe it...the shore captain has lost another cell phone. Apparently he was 'putting lobsters under'in the tank house and lost his footing and the phone flew out of his pocket. This would only be the 8th one in the past 18 months so is quite a routine experience really. Good thing the tank house isn't deep if he's that unsteady on his feet.

Daughter # 2 is having a great time doing her substitute teaching in the city. She's been all over from Lake Echo to Hammonds Plains and has this week at a city school she volunteered at. She is applying all the education she gained and is picking up all sorts of new skills. Good to be enjoying the career you've chosen.

The happy couple are coming to meet with the minister this weekend. There is of course the bridal shower to be attended so that will be only a part of our social life as I got a call from friends from the city who are planning to come visit on Saturday. So it will be nice to have my friend be able to attend as well so we can get caught up, haven't seen them in a while.

My major crisis was that cleaning lady had hurt her back as a Medical First Responder and hasn't visited (as is obvious by the state of the house) in two weeks. I put in a frantic call for help and she has recovered and agreed to come on Friday after I sleep for a few hours. So, I'm much relieved as I dare to have guests now. It only took three hours of dedicated digging to find surfaces for her to clean.

It's been a good night and I've been orientating a new graduate nurse who is (gasp) only 21 - the age of my youngest daughter in a few weeks. With the extra hands and a relatively slow workload it's been rather pleasant night. Unfortunately it is looking like a beautiful day so a bit more of a challenge to ignore and go to sleep, but I will give it my best shot.