Monday, September 10, 2007

Repacking

New motto: Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate

A quick note on my lunch hour to catch you up on all my social life as I’ve had a fair bit of (unusual for me) pleasant activities lately. The weekend weather was glorious and so was the writing workshop. There were almost 20 folks from Halifax to locally in attendance and a good time was had by all. The food was great, the writing was amazing and we learned all sorts of new stuff about photography, poetry, postcard stories and more. It was such a gift to have all this ‘me time’ with everything provided. We even had a samba music jam on Saturday night. Woohoo! A very positive development was that I met up with a videographer who will film my presentation for cruise ship speaking to send for an audition submission. She suggested doing the presentation at the library where they have ‘lunch and learns’ on Wednesdays so I just need to get my act together and put the presentation together for this fall.

My other half had a very busy working weekend with the final straw being he forgot to top off the cats dish before going to bed (one my last daily chores) and….they were starving by 5 a.m. so decided to wake him up, tell him about it and get him to feed them. He says Gary the 15 lb. instigator was launching himself from the footboard to start the process.

Home in time yesterday afternoon to leave again for a BBQ – good friends, conversation and we managed to get inside before the lightening and rain struck. Good plan to leave early to get ready for the workweek.

Sounds like the two students are settling in well. Daughter # 2s cold is resolving and she is into the swing of the academic year. Daughter # 3 is finding her way around campus, class and the program. Appears she’s figuring things out some.

Was met early this a.m. at work with the news that the corridor my office is in will be renovated as per the patient care wing meaning there will be a major construction project beginning in about 5 weeks and lasting for a minimum of two months. This will require office relocation so lots of packing, purging of materials and moving…to where? Not sure yet. So the fall will continue to be hectic it seems.

Am running away to Halifax for the next couple of days as the shore captain has US/Canada meetings re: the fishery. It will be nice to be able to do my own thing while he’s otherwise occupied. I have already lined up a lunch date for tomorrow with an OHN colleague so this shows promise. Back Thursday p.m.