Monday, August 11, 2008

A five day work week??

Well time to catch up and although that’s usually the weekend, this time it’s after as there was (by middle aged standards) a full social calendar this weekend past. We had a BBQ here on Saturday p.m., which concluded with our slide show of trip photos so that was nice. Meant to work on my presentations yesterday afternoon but the sun actually showed itself so I retired to the lounge on the deck and promptly fell asleep. Thankfully I was awakened by the returning from work student nurse or could’ve had a sunburn. Attended another BBQ at a neighbour’s last night.

Had to go back to work to get a rest – too bad that didn’t happen. The Accreditation process is consuming us and we still have six weeks to go to D Day. One of my work team was chosen to receive a tracer today told everyone he was being tasered – not too far off – a tracer is a mock exercise such as the surveyors might ask when they attend our facilities. One of the high points of the week will be that we have a lunch BBQ tomorrow so that should tell you how well things are going. I can’t believe it’s a five day workweek – really!

At the end of the day I finally decided that I needed to distract myself so put the DVD of the NS Duck Toller presentation on the DVD player while I tidied the office. One of the maintenance employees appeared at my door for something and with a bemused look said, “you have a DVD of yourself?” Insinuating that I was being a bit egotistical - so I replied rather curtly “haven’t had a chance to look at it from the cruise – what was it you wanted anyway?” and he got back on task pretty quickly and exited.

Have managed to burn the Norway trip photos to CDs so now (finally) feel I have them backed up more safely. I’ve been collecting my materials and sorting out the info to begin scrapping when things settle down (should that ever occur). I’ve gotten some of my research material and photos organized for the destination presentations so am starting to throw those into PowerPoints. Am learning and remembering many things most of all that I really ticked we still don’t have hi speed internet at home and I have to take my lunch breaks to surf. I’m determined to NOT have the frantic dash of last cruise in October. And as the baby daughter (who is counting down her remaining 20 days before university return) says “at least you know the stuff this time”.

Speaking of nursing students I’ll leave you with a smile sent to me by my birthday twin:

Hospital Bed and new nurse:

Gary is lying in a hospital bed, wearing an oxygen mask over his mouth And nose, still heavily sedated from a difficult surgical procedure.

A young student nurse, Andrea, appears to give him a partial sponge bath. 'Nurse' he mumbles from behind the mask. 'Are my testicles black?'

Embarrassed, Andrea replies, ' I don't know Sir. I'm only here to wash your upper body and feet.'
He struggles to ask again .' Nurse, are my testicles black?'

Concerned that he may elevate his vitals from worry about his testicles, she overcomes her embarrassment and sheepishly pulls back the covers.

She raises his gown, holds his penis in one hand and his testicles in the other, lifting and moving them around.

Then, she takes a close look and says, 'There's nothing wrong with them Sir!'

Gary pulls off his oxygen mask , smiles at her and says very slowly...' Thank you very much. That was wonderful, but listen very, very closely... Are - my - test - results - back ? ! '