Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I've arrived

Well I feel like I’ve arrived!! Today my email brought a request from a different entertainment manager in the agency I’m listed with for a cruise this fall with Celebrity. Here’s the link to the Celebrity Constellation out of New York roundtrip:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/search/vacationItinerary.do;jsessionid=0000S_nwBxDXSt9uY82A1bFJ_iz:12hdbcveb?packageCode=CS12N002&backPageName=Itinerary+Search+Results&sailDate=1081005

This means I’ve had successful ratings on an entry level cruise (Princess or Royal Caribbean) and am approved now for the next tier (Celebrity or Disney) It was for special interest speaking (less talks and I’ve already got them done) than destination too. Unfortunately I’m already booked for those dates on the Sea Princess. Drat. So many fans, so little time. The plan is to head towards Seven Seas which is very high end and inclusive i.e. worth more to speak on. This could’ve fast tracked the exercise to get to top drawer within a few months. I replied to the entertainment manager asking her to not forget me, as the schedule is the same next fall. A few years to get myself known in those circles and I’ll be able to broker my own deals without an agent I’m thinking.

Made all the insanity of today at the district facility just fade away. As well, I dropped into WalMart afterwards and got my passport photo done for the renewal process so was focused on more leisurely pursuits. This is the only way to survive I’ve decided if you’re going to have to spend your days cooped up inside hammering out policies. Only two more days to struggle through due to the short week and looking forward to the weekend and an in-house and down the road BBQ.

I leave you with a smile, as they’re in short supply some days:

True Story from Houston Medical Center

A man went to the hospital to have his wedding ring cut off from his hoohoo.

According to the Nurse attending, the patient's girl friend found the ring in his pants pocket and she got so mad at him, she used petroleum jelly to slip the ring on his hoohoo while he was asleep.

I don't know what's worse:
1) Having your girlfriend find out you're married.
2) Explaining to your wife how your wedding ring got on your hoohoo.
3) Or finding out your hoohoo fits through your wedding ring.