Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Congrats Miffy

I usually attempt to post to the blog at least once during the week – depending on the schedule and my stamina and tonight I’m determined to get a message up, as there is a good news announcement.

Daughter # 2 or our French daughter as I often refer to her has been awarded a major scholarship, which will fund her entire Bachelor of Education. There is a contract to be signed agreeing to work in the province for two years, not a problem and the added benefit of being guaranteed a job. Now that is exciting. Recognition from an outside agency for your offspring is always nice but money is even better, especially when it’s tuition times two for a couple of years. Makes the hard work of studying easier to take. Congrats Miffy.

Work lately has been absolutely hateful – and that’s the understatement – when the end of the day comes I feel like I’ve been released from the detention center and am trying to walk casually to the car rather than running yelling yippee, yeehaw I made it over the wall. I have to travel to the district facility tomorrow so even more painful. Sigh.

After supper I made three attempts to show the shore captain some photos as he’d expressed (some) interest in a slide show. After he took the third lengthy call which were all repeats of discussions of a) lobstering, markets, regulations, meetings, weather, and bait b) deer hunting, who’s gotten one, those spotted, days at camp c) fishing, crew, gear, quotas, meetings etc. and was talking on the cordless phone while I held out the cell phone - I called the show off due to lack of interest/participation on the part of the audience. As I told him – when he was in at camp the phone rang once for me in that whole five days. Bliss.

Well off to get settled as the brown bread is baked and so am I. Just a few diversions.
The first is a museum of velvet paintings, where I’m sure you can find one of Elvis:
http://www.velveteria.com/

This is a site called Leila’s Hair Museum, so you just know it’s going to be good:
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/11479

And finally to really reward myself for making it through the week, I’ve signed up for a digital camera course for Saturday. Got to figure out that lovely birthday gift.