Sunday, November 30, 2008

What I don't know about...

A very busy and productive weekend - just think what I could do with some serious stay at home time eh? But unfortunately it's back to work in the a.m.

I started out with a massage, then after supper a glass of praline liquer and getting into the library book, The Flying Troutmans on Friday night - have to ease into the weekend you know. Had a message that there was a spot for myself and a friend at the camera course on Saturday so a quick call and we were both getting ready to go in the a.m.

Decided to head up early on Saturday morning so we could hit the loss leader sales at Canadian Tire - scored two boxes (8 place settings) of Christmas dishes for under $10 each. I have always wanted Christmas dishes for the past 30+ years but haven't been able to bring myself to the over $100 price tag. These are a great - holly pattern with large and small plates, bowl and mugs which are dishwasher and microwave safe - what more could you want? Also two wind up flashlights for $6 for both so these are his and hers vehicle flashlights now. As well, I found a Christmas wreath for $9 for the front door. I usually buy a natural one but you know, this one looks great and will be around for a while. Then we headed over to Zellers, to again hit the sales early and I picked up a set of four crystal champagne flutes for $14 as well. So a very productive half hour.

The camera course was wonderful and held in a great venue The MacKinnon Cann Inn, here's the website to check it out:
http://www.mackinnoncanninn.com/
The day went so fast, it was 4 pm. before we knew it. I think I'll need to take the course at least three or four times to grasp the concepts. It sure made me realize what I don't know about photography, my camera, and technology in general. Thankfully there was somone with a camera similar to mine who sat next to me and helped me. I eventually did get enough of the material to tell her that she didn't have to come home with me after all. We headed out on assignment at lunch and my friend and I followed a scruffy grey tom cat into his yard much to his chagrin and his owners amazement as we attempted to photograph him on macro. There is so much to remember that my brain hurt by the time we left. After I dropped my friend off I finished running my errands - an $80 blue Paderno kettle on sale for $30 and I earned Aeroplan points. Picked up a few groceries and headed home. A good day.

This morning I was up early thanks to someone looking for fish at ten to eight on a Sunday morning! Obviously it wasn't me they wanted but still felt the need to carry on a lengthy conversation on lobstering. As I mentioned to the Captain when he came home at suppertime - this was the first time in six days and it will be five more before I can sleep in again - so thanks a bunch. Since I was up so early I got started on my to - do list and have accomplished quite a bit, although it doesn't make me want to head back to work tomorrow.

Three loads of laundry, two loads of the dishwasher and putting my dishes and glasses in the china cabinet, making a Christmas photo decoration, hanging the wreath on the front door, bagging the refundables, emptying the garbage, cleaning out the hall closet then moving daughter # 1s boxes from the barn and vacuuming plus baking banana streusal muffins, cherry kuchen, supper as well as walking the dog. Now I'm all broke up.