Monday, November 10, 2008

Consoling myself

Sigh, if only I had highspeed at home and didn't have to surf these on my work breaks. The first link is for craftster which I'm sure my crafty daughters will read and say "oh Mom, didn't you know about that site?" It's a great website:
And this is how they calculate who's online at any given time - Total Members: 157523 Currently Running With Scissors:795 Guests, 260 Users. Don't you just love the categories? At first glance - some folks have way too much time on their hands and I can't support cutting up books but other than that - lots of ideas. Finally wouldn't my Mom have loved this site - esp. the recycle, reuse section and the reconstructed (she always called them made over)garments! To those with wedding planning in their future there was a great post about temporary tatoos (a heart with bride and grooms name) handed out at the reception with water bottles and paper towels so guests could apply on the spot and document in the photobooth. Sort of biker nuptials if you ask me, not that they did.

Etsy is a companion site to Craftster:
This is for supplies or if you want to buy a handmade article. The Abraham Lincoln earrings in the Geekery section were....unique, but for instance you can still pick up ideas like this floppy disk notepad with 40 pages for $3.95 - mind you shipping is that much again - where did I put those floppy disks eh? This is what all you geeks are getting from me this Christmas. Oh wait, I don't know any geeks or I'd have a lot less technology troubles than I do.
But I digress because I have to explain that the cleaning lady left me a voice mail today saying she wasn't going to be able to continue to clean for me. And no before you get to thinking that I've worn her out, she's just overscheduled. I feel as if I've been abandoned and I will definitely be doing an executive search right promptly. A person could harm themselves doing housework. Why I managed 30 minutes worth tonight and it almost did me in.
I had to spend several hours crafting just to get my nerves settled down. I added some journaling to the family scrapbook about my two uncles who were killed in WWII. I searched the national website today and found some additional information which supplemented what Mom had always told us. I picked up four coasters to insert photos in today and fitted them with elementary school pics of the offspring - cute.
The final solution to pick my spirits up was to bake some brie with brown sugar, honey and chopped pecans on top which I ate with wedges of apple (in a nod to nutrition) Now I feel much better.
For those of you who didn't get a direct invitation to the vacation contest I'm pasting the link here as you really can't have too many chances to win a nice vacation can you?
Must get my carcass off to bed as I'm going to head out to the Remembrance Day service tomorrow a.m. I leave you with a funny which was apt as the great white hunter returns from the woods tomorrow as well and my peace and quiet will vanish being replaced by domestic chores like making meals not brie. Sigh.
Earl and Bubba are quietly sitting in a boat fishing, chewing plug and drinking beer,when suddenly Bubba says, 'I think I'm gonna divorce my wife. She ain't spoke to me in over 2 months.'
Earl spits, then sips his beer and says.... 'Better think it over - women like that are hard to find.'