Sunday, August 9, 2009

Looking at Monday again

The end of a lovely sunny weekend and although it wasn’t a three day one it was glorious. Began on Friday after work with a massage, finding the latest copy of Creating Keepsakes in my mailbox, that the cleaning lady had done an admirable job of catching up on her 3 wk absence and having supper provided by the Laundromat guest with a great chicken dish and cake for dessert. The sun has been shining BOTH days with enough of a breeze so there are no bugs, the car hasn’t moved out of the yard except to go pick up the coffee table and antique hooked mats I found at an estate sale while walking the dog, I’ve had visits with a few of the neighbours while having this place mostly to myself from my housemates so have gotten half way through the latest (disturbing but excellent) book Wally Lamb has written. And here I sit updating you and drinking Lady Hannah tea. Now what is not to like in that eh? Well, I guess that fact that all good things must come to an end for those who aren’t retired.

Have secured a decent seat sale for round trip tickets to New York, courtesy of the travel partner with high-speed internet, and no that doesn’t narrow down the individual as it could be just about anyone else in the world BUT me. The original travel partner has taken a rain check for this fall as she’ll be getting ready to welcome her first grandchild but once she gets that out of her system, she’ll be back on the list again. So now…the planning for Celebrity Constellation sailaway on October 3rd begins in earnest now. Not too much work in the presentation department, hopefully just a bit of tweaking of previously created PowerPoints and perhaps one new presentation on PEI. I put my creative talents to work to devise a netbook travel pouch when I dropped by the post office to pick up a plastic padded mailer envelope, used stick on Velcro for the flaps and voila, I can pop the travel computer in my purse without worrying. If I was REALLY creative I would decorate the pouch a bit, but perhaps I’ll wait for the arrival of the really creative daughter in 40 something days for that. And of course some trips to Frenchy’s while she’s here for some cruise wear for the fall for me and some new duds for her.

I have also agreed to do a Mid Week Break talk at the library on Norway for September 16th so will have to put the slides together for that. How could I refuse as they were the gig which gave me my start in show biz eh? The clerk has asked for my publicity blurb – they do know how to play to my ego eh? And of course, each presentation is one to add to my world cruise list. At this rate I’ll only be 85 when I manage to get that act together.

But of course all this vacation planning is much more fun than the daily grind of H1N1 activities that has become my, and many others, work situation. So a pleasant diversion may be just the thing to keep me going and of course rain when it's time to go back to work helps too, not that we need any more of that this summer.