Monday, August 31, 2009

Scrapping or else

Since I have earned the chance to sit at the computer by......starting my day by slogging through wet underbrush and over slippery rocks, skinning my ankle to retrieve a truant 20 lb. feline, then heading off to the district facility until 3 p.m. Heading back to the bank to reset my PIN (as it had been killed by the prodigal son) and yes I know having someone else use your debit card is not allowed according to my banking daughter but who doesn't do this? We would have starved to death once the kids starting driving if they didn't stop for groceries, but I digress. I also picked up some US $ which only cost $10 extra on each $100 - this does NOT make the shore captain happy for marine exports so we don't discuss this at home. And I cashed in my rolls of coins which I am saving for the tropical medicine course in Peru one of these years - with the $58 so far I wouldn't even be able to renew my passport but every penny counts. I then spent $288 for groceries, stopped for gas, drove home and put away all the groceries, made supper, did two loads of laundry, ran the dishwasher, walked the dog and have just heard the breadmaker beep. So, when I announce that I'm going to scrapbooking tomorrow evening there had better not be any flak from people in this household.

I'm multitasking as I download v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y on dialup the photos for my PEI cruise presentation and update you as I'm waiting for the bread to cool so that I can drag my carcass off to bed.

Had a call on the weekend from the cruise travel partner who I think has figured out that she'll have to be the cheerleader if there's any enthusiasm to be whipped up for the two of us. The discussion ran to digital cameras (she got a new small one to pop in her pocket) and other such fun stuff which vacation planning is made of. She's heading to town for rughooking and lunch at a classy restaurant on Wednesday so was checking on my schedule. Needless to say I won't be having THAT kind of a retirement day myself but always have time to cruise plan for a few moments. She is heading off in a bit to rug hooking school for a week, back for two weeks and then.....we're off.