Monday, August 20, 2007

Can't get my feet down

The only ones enjoying the fact you can't get your feet down in this house are the three 'kitty boys' as they are known here. They'll have to investigate new roosts if the universtity student gets packed, her contributions to the New 2 U get delivered, the camping gear gets put away, the tools finally make their way back to the barn, and the furniture refinishing tool gets purchased. This is a considerable list of ifs not likely to be resolved in one day. Sigh. If the cleaning lady calls to say she's coming on Friday as expected there will some very last minute scurrying on the part of family members who have had their attention (and motivation) sucked in by the TV. You wouldn't think looking at these guys sleeping (much like children) that they are capable of attempting to open hamster cages (exactly what Gary was doing) when the bedroom door was inadvertently left open momentarily last evening. At the very least the poor hamsters will have heart attacks.

It is almost unbelievable that even though we haven't had much summer yet...there is a frost warning in low lying areas tonight with the temperature down to 3 c. There is a definite autumn feeling in the air. As a colleague at work said today "fall is a perfectly nice season but I'm just not ready to let go of summer yet". I was listening to the sirius radio on the Margaritaville station (Jimmy Buffett) yesterday because yes I am a parrot head and ok with admitting it. Jimmy and Alan Jackson were singing 'It's 5 o'clock Somewhere' and when the lyrics were I'm gettin' paid by the hour and older by the minute it sure made me think of work on the weekend - which I really dislike doing. One of these years I will indulge my fantasy and attend a Jimmy Buffett concert in Key West or somewhere. The deck is almost finished (and will be in time for the farewall for baby daughter BBQ on Sunday) but there hasn't been any enjoying of it yet this year. Sigh. Another hour or so spent staining this afternoon after work so I'm getting closer.

I had word that a friend is able to make it to the writing workshop being held the weekend of September 7 - 9 at Camp Wapemeo outside of Yarmouth. I was planning on attending anyway but this will make the weekend even more fun. And to think her only hesitation was that she was leaving for rug hooking school the next week and had 'homework' to do. That kind of post retirement talk is enough to get yourself hurt in this household!

I'm off to the district facility tomorrow so hopefully I can leave early enough to work on the painting in the afternoon. Rain predicted for later in the week so it has to be done now. I need to investigate 26 hr. days.