Thursday, November 8, 2007

A long weekend coming up

Tomorrow is Friday and it’s a long weekend due to Remembrance Day so difficult to top that for positive. But the cleaning lady has called to say she’ll be in first thing so that’s pretty close. This call has led to a flurry of laundry, dishwasher unloading, cleaning of litter box and general picking up that would not occur except for the imposed deadline. Since I will doing more than a little sorting, tossing and dragging of artifacts from the old house this weekend having a sparkling domicile to return to will be comforting.

Today at work involved whining, outbursts, disorganization and that was all me – the employees weren’t too happy either. At one point around noon when I was being firmly chastised by a manager who did not approve of my advocacy for an employee I felt the overwhelming urge to reach across the table and lay the smack down then walk out into the sunshine. I swear that I could have done it and not looked back. I managed to picture the two trusting faces of those university student offspring who are working so hard and who will need tuition in January and I held back. One of the admin support folks instructed me “in with the good air, out with the bad” is the approach she uses with this individual. As I was telling my work troubles to the life partner while I unpacked the $200+ worth of groceries I’d picked up on the way home and he was making supper he made his way to the hall closet and selected a bottle of his homemade wine and poured me a glass – for medicinal purposes. It worked.

A work teammate mentioned that she noticed I was doing my lobstering presentation at the library and gave me a positive review before I even perform. Something nice to look forward to. I shall have to call around to my circle of retired, shift worker and off that day friends and family to stack the audience for the filming. If you’re doing an audition you should go big or stay home.