Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Wish me luck

A quick update to say that I'm heading up to the library to do my presentation for filming as my audition for the cruise ship speaking application. It's entitled 'Come lobstering with me off Southwestern NS' and I've got quite a nice slide show of lobster photos courtesy of daughter # 1 who incidentally is coming with me for the trip. I have made brown bread to go with the presentation working on the assumption that if you feed them they will come. The slides will take me about 25 minutes if I stick to the notes which anyone who knows me understands is highly unlikely. The Midweek Break runs from 12 to 1 p.m. so lots of room for questions.

The main glitch is that I'm still struggling with this rotten cold which has affected my throat and voice. Hope it holds out tomorrow at least until 1 p.m. I can live with the sinus headache and the fact that I've just about overdosed on decongestants and put myself on the liver transplant list for all the tylenol I've popped the past couple of days but to put myself on 'voice rest' you know it's been bad. To think I've taken a day off tomorrow and would qualify for a sick day by any measure.

Wish me luck with my travel scheming and I'll let you know how it turns out.