Friday, November 9, 2007

The spa

Today was a day of angst in my workday world. Within a space of 5 minutes there was a situation where I told a staff member to wear gloves when handling a patient's money which had been stored in the safe (routine practices require wearing gloves when in contact with body fluids) Ick. One of the more usually genial cleaners gave a real tongue lashing to the staff for not taking linen off the bed of a patient discharged. Then one of the staff witnessed a verbal attack of a patient by a family member. It's never good when a coworker says "I don't want to have to repeat that in court". When the clock slowly crawled around to an acceptable time to head out the door I felt as if I'd been released from custody.

I got a call back from the masseuse today who had an appointment after work and I took it. This was a switch for me as the former massage therapist was not as intense but this was great - I think she lengthened my arms by about 2 inches after she released my shoulders. She suggested a hot shower or bath to 'release the toxins' and I said "I think I'll sit in the sauna" when she learned I had my own little spa she endorsed that idea and off I went - booking an appointment for next month first of course. After preheating the sauna and a quick supper I was ready to be detoxified. I opted for jazz on the sirius radio station (as opposed to the man of the house choice of Jethro Tull) and am so relaxed at present it's too much work to put the fingers to the keys.

This will give me courage to head over tomorrow and sort and toss at the old place. I grabbed some boxes from a shipment to VON so there's plenty of opportunity to store precious junk for a charity planning a yard sale.