Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Spring, yes yes bring it on

It appears that spring has decided to arrive here. This is not measured by the date but by the first brave blossoms that show their faces, granted a bit later here near the water than inland but the croci are up near the stonewall and just showing their buds in the shade of the flowerbeds in front of the house. The season is confirmed by the spring peepers chirping in the wet spots and a bullfrog harumping in the ditch when I walked the dog. Hope after a long bleak white winter.

I was calculating this evening that one year ago today we were cruising towards Belize as we had an amazing supper, watched the welcome show and then shut the jazz bar down listening to latin music on The Explorer of the Seas. Good times, good times.

I had a confirmation message for my telephone interview by the recruiter for the agency for cruise ship presentations. So I’m really looking forward to something at least next week. Will have to get make sure I’m equipped with a positive attitude on the 17th at least. I managed to score a luggage set for moi from a coworker so now mister has the charcoal grey set of last week’s luck and I have a gray floral set. The list is being ticked as we go.

Today daughter # 1 left for the city to stay overnight for an early a.m. flight to Calgary tomorrow. So a move from the Maritimes westward to work makes her part of the majority of relocated easterners now. Her brother, his girlfriend and a friend from work are doing the official send off. We had a family dinner last p.m. complete with grandmother so that was nice as we are often so frantic we can’t sit down together.

Recent research confirmed that women still do more housework than men even though the amount time men spent doing chores has increased. When men and women marry…women do 7 more hours per week housework and men do 1 hour less, to quote the study “he gets a servant and she becomes one”. Not a real revelation there.

I’m including some travel sites, which popped up when I logged on to Yahoo today. How can they not be great with names like life changing adventure or must see history making:

http://www.forbes.com/2008/02/16/travel-adventure-explore-forbeslife-cx_rr_0219travel_slide_10.html?thisSpeed=15000

http://ca.pfinance.yahoo.com/ca_finance_general/553/eight-life-changing-adventure-travel-trips/

http://ca.pfinance.yahoo.com/ca_finance_general/605/ten-must-see-history-making-sights

As I was getting my Blue tooth and cell phone linked up today I felt like a real geek as I walked around talking to myself. But it’s a necessary evil as I’m on the road tomorrow and Friday for a meeting in the Valley and a hefty fine for using a cell phone while driving is not my idea of fun. Now the shore captain with his hanging out of his ball cap is the real cutie.

Speaking of all things geeky, I’m including a link to a site called JOOCE:

http://www.jooce.com/

This is a virtual site for those who log into public computers, are always on the move and don’t want to take a laptop. You log in and the site saves all your personal settings so you can include YouTube videos, download music, files etc. Pretty nifty.

Plans are in the final stages for the future son-in-law who is at present not occupied during the day to trot on down Friday a.m. to the nearest Sobeys in metro with tickets to (The Eagles, John Fogarty, Sam Roberts, KT Tunstall) Magnetic Hill concert August 2nd as we really do have our priorities straight.

This afternoon I joined a group called C.A.I.N., which stands for Canadian Association of International Nurses:

It’s a special interest group comprised of nurses working in or with a connection to international work. Now THAT is retirement planning one day at a time at its best.