Saturday, April 12, 2008

Lost in the fog

Yes, it is finally mild enough to actually form fog this evening and it's wrapped us in the usual spooky, gauzy feeling of being all alone in the world, especially as I look out onto the water.


Well in the past few days a few things have happened:

We have (as of Thursday) a daughter who now lives in Calgary, arriving in a spring snowstorm, which meant a four-hour detour to Kelowna and then quick melt by the return. Good to hear she's getting all settled in.

I managed to survive a team meeting in the Valley by fortifying myself with a stop at Frenchy’s where I scored a pair of jeans, shorts and a t-shirt. Got to have your small pleasures.

We are (courtesy of our future son-in-law who stood in line) ticket holders to the Eagles concert on Magnetic Hill in Moncton on August 2nd.

I finally have a free weekend after having the past four with a full schedule. Well free if it means cleared to do housework and run errands. But even those tasks are fine as the pace has been too hectic.

I’m making good progress through A Thousand Splendid Suns (the second book after Kite Runner) and it is even better (yes I know that’s hard to believe) than the first one.

I leave you with a smile forwarded by a friend with an intact sense of humor:

My neighbor found out her dog could hardly hear so she took it to the veterinarian. He found that the problem was hair in its ears. He cleaned both ears and the dog could hear fine.The vet then proceeded to tell the lady that if she wanted to keep this from recurring she should go to the store and get some 'Nair' hair remover and rub it in the dog's ears once a month.

At the register the druggist tells her,'If you're going to use this under your arms, don't use deodorant for a few days.'The lady says: 'I'm not using it under my arms.'The druggist says: 'If you're using it on your legs, don't shave for a couple of days.'The lady says: 'I'm not using it on my legs either. If you must know, I'm using it on my schnauzer.'The druggist says: 'Stay off your bicycle for at least a week.'