Sunday, April 27, 2008

Spring yes it is

Another weekend in the rear view mirror and a workweek in the face. The great list of things I had in my mind to do this weekend such as work on my destination speaker presentations, write a short story, finish my book and….

Managed to get out to see 21on Saturday evening and it was a great movie. Stopped off at the other couple’s place on the way home for a snack. Since I’ve been given the cold mister was sporting last week I spent a restless coughing night and was actually awake early this a.m., which is something I usually try to avoid.

Today was a beautiful spring day and I managed to have the digging of holes assistance to plant a forsythia, which was a gift from a landscape designer friend, and transplant a primrose, which I found abandoned in the nursery bed on the side of the hill. Laundry on the line, a pleasant dog walk and the readying for warmer temperatures of the deck furniture and veranda organizing topped off with a BBQ for supper meant spring is really here.

I was frustrated this evening to find that the sewing machine I had waited four months for to be repaired worked a total of about 15 minutes when I finally tried it out – long enough to sew two badges on two sleeves and hem one pair of uniform pants. Since there is a 30-day guarantee on the service you can be sure I’ll be taking advantage of that tomorrow.

Since daughter # 3 has been diligently organizing the hall closet I was left with room in my own closet to straighten out my luggage – important to have the bags close at hand should you wish to make a dash for it. I think she’s been attempting to keep busy as her first work shift is approaching and she’s a bit nervous. Daughter # 2 was telling me today that they’re getting the apartment all sorted out and cozy so she is feeling more settled. Daughter # 1 had a job interview at Boston Pizza which went well so is looking forward to working either tomorrow or the next day although she also shared the news that there is a Job Fair at…. the Calgary Zoo which includes a free pass etc. Now THAT’S creative thinking on someone’s part.

A long to-do list for tomorrow as I’m on the road and so the travel partner aka boyfriend of the baby daughter will be tasked with most of the chores while I am gainfully employed.