Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sunday news

Well a damp Sunday afternoon and so a chance to catch you up on the news. Had a great celebratory BBQ last evening with 15 attending. A good time was had by all. We ate, talked, laughed and ate some more. Some folks we hadn’t seen for over six months and some almost as long. No excuse really as it’s not as if we live across the country from each other. It was wonderful to have an excuse to get together, the 30 year anniversary was a bonus.

The BBQ chef was not impressed with the quality of the hamburger from Sobeys proclaiming it ‘not lean’ I was not impressed with the fact that the chef had left a plate and the silicone BBQ brush outside since the last time he grilled. I had noticed this but decided to make it a ‘teachable moment’ by leaving the articles until he said “where’s the brush?” to show him how important it is to pick up after yourself. Now in hindsight (and after the 30+ yrs) I’m not sure why I chose this subject to use as the object lesson but I digress. So when we’re preparing for the BBQ I retrieve the…handle only of the brush as some critter - my guess was raccoon but the chef suggested roaming dog had made off with it. Made me wish the mystery thief, whatever it was, an intestinal obstruction. And the lesson learned? When I see something that I don’t want to lose lying on the front steps (no matter who left it there) it’s best to pick it up.

Speaking of wildlife, the chef thought he was seeing things when he got up this morning to go to the shore to take fish out. He looked out through the front windows as is his habit and saw two deer walking along the stone wall in front of the house. He made his way over to the kitchen to turn the kettle on and when he glanced out noticed the two females were grazing under the kitchen window near the snoozing dog. The tall green grass was too tempting to resist, but making a noise they disturbed Keely and were barked loudly at for trespassing and exited quickly.

I think my technical assistant has figured out what I was doing wrong so you can now comment on the blog. I’ve discovered that if you want to know anything about technology you have to ask someone under the age of 20. I really wasn’t trying to censor input, am just not completely familiar with the blog world.

Have plans to head out to a writers meeting and will take a friend with me for company. Haven’t been to one before so not really sure what to expect but will try it on to see if it’s a good fit. It’s only in Pubnico this evening so not as far an expedition to commit to. Will keep you posted.