Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Where to begin?

Where to begin? Well the phone rang this morning at 5:20 a.m. from daughter # 3 in the ER with the results of some post prom partying gone bad. Not my own but one of the group needed medical attention so I headed in to provide moral support, there was a transfer and I ended up at work for the morning. I had to take the afternoon off work and head to the district facility to retrieve the daughter. The partier has made a full recovery but my nerves are still shot. It’s one thing to be the staff in the ER, another to be a parent in the waiting room (even if the child is only connected with yours) and I'm getting too old for this.

This evening the wait was for daughter # 2 as the bus broke down coming from Halifax so they sat on the side of the road for an hour and a half. We had left a vehicle for her at the bus stop (first she had to find it and locate the keys) so she’s finally made her way home. Her role as a counselor for the traumatized sister is an important one today.

Tomorrow is the graduation but first daughter # 3 and I have to work at our respective health care facilities so a full day. Everyone has their orders to be at the school by 6:15 p.m. so that should mean we can at least see the stage. The graduate is kind of short.

The spouse and I are in the final planning stages for a trip to camp for the long weekend. I’m hoping to be able to leave work early on Friday afternoon and we’ll head home by Sunday morning. There’s been too much going on to feel comfortable about going but it’s getting to the point that if we don’t.. the rubber truck will have to come for us.