Thursday, October 4, 2007

I made it

Today was as expected at the district facility - frantic exponentially. We had a meeting in a conference room that is also used for prenatal classes and one of the flip charts read the following:

Drugs
Cry
Breathe
Swear
Think something happy

Which we decided were instructions which could work for various life circumstances. I'm assuming it was brains storming to deal with labour. As a team member said "I like the order, drugs should be first" Ah, those were the days spent teaching hopeful expectant parents prenatal classes.

I was sure pleased to be on my way home after a full day of interpersonal interaction. The sun came out and a few peaceful moments spent in the veranda before supper were worth it all. We had an unexpected visit from our summer neighbour bearing gifts of food and drink from her freezer/cupboards as she is leaving Tuesday. The benefits of living here year round. It is always so sad when those friendly squares of yellow light in the neighbouring windows disappear in the fall.

I sent the shore captain on his way out to free the felines where they had become tangled around a tree and he was making his way back to the steps with Stanley when he inadvertently brushed past the dog. What a hissy fit (literally) as he (Stanley not the rescuer) had a breakdown! Every time he sees Keely he forgets he hates dogs and goes around swelled up like a puffer fish for a while. The dog just looks at him with bemusement as the other two cats don't act like that. Gary thinks he is a dog and of course Klyde is the boss and they both know it.

Well tomorrow is Friday - Yay! Will hopefully be seeing all the kids this weekend. And a chance to try out my new pirate t-shirt. We shall see how that plays out. If it is deemed inappropriate I shall reference the Physio Assistant's shirt which reads "I'm not a Doctor but I could take a look at that for you" As one of the orderlies used to say "when I go I'm taking them all down with me" because he'd been there for over 40 yrs. and had something on everyone so had immunity to many issues. He did go out in style in his own way on his own time. I shall employ this way of thinking as I am blessed (cursed) with a long memory.