Monday, October 8, 2007

Recovering from the weekend

Well, it's been a busy but enjoyable weekend. The thinking about going back to work tomorrow isn't but at least I feel that there's a purpose as I have a meeting in Digby so will take daughter # 2 to university on the way by. This has allowed her to have an extra day with us and after she slept until noon (I went in to check if she was still breathing) we have spent it doing chores (with her father) napping in the veranda (with the cats) and watching a the movie Knocked Up (with her mother). Sometimes you just need the extra day to unwind.

We had a busy weekend of comings and goings with daughter # 3 and boyfriend arriving Friday night, daughter # 2 arriving Saturday afternoon, daughter # 1 and the prodigal son visiting on Sunday and daughter # 3 leaving that evening. In between there was a first aid course conducted in the living room, multiple meals, visit from grandparents, laundry and baking. We fed 8 for Thanksgiving supper and it was great to have almost the whole gang here together. We've decided with the addition of partners to our family that we need a foldable table. This plays directly into my plan to have a scrapbook table so I will keep my eyes open for the Canadian Tire flyers.

Our last summer neighbour is heading home tomorrow and dropped over today with the orchid we share custody of. It works like this...she bought it here last summer and then left it with me over the winter. When I and the cats didn't kill it I returned it to her this summer when she arrived. She got it blooming again and so today it was again returned to the bathroom windowsill. We shall see if it's luck continues in this house. It's always sad when the summer folk head south, means that the cold stuff is really coming. Plans for a side trip to Vermont in June when we travel to Cape Cod for fishery meetings in June keeps my spirits up.

Now this is the kind of message a mother likes to read from a first year university student makes it easier to go to work in the a.m. for that tuition:
I got an 87 thats right a A- on my very first university
bio test yay!!