Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sad stuff

Just a quick post as it's getting late and I do have to get ready for work in the morning. I've spent the evening (with another friend for moral support) visiting with a good friend who received word of the death yesterday of her youngest daughter (a beautiful full of life 32 yr old) in Toronto. A very bright girl, free spirit she was involved in the creative arts. How do you manage to pick yourself up and go on with after something like this? So much pain and so many unanswered questions. Sometimes folks (like my friend and her husband) are just so strong at times like this, I can't imagine how I'd cope with such a tragedy and I sure hope I never have to. Makes me want to hug all my children close to me and keep them safe.

Times like this make us all realize that we simply never know what the next day will bring. It has sure made me determined that I have to follow through on the connections I've promised myself I will and make an escape plan from the indentured servant employment position I find myself in....life is too short! Need to focus on what's really important!