Wednesday, October 10, 2007

More proud mother news

Well, not that I'm just proud of one daughter as her two older sisters have sure had equal grades but.....it sure is nice to see the results of hard work showing up already in this morning's email:

I got an A- in Anthropology on my first test and a B+ which is really good in my nursing class...Lise who usally does really well is cursingme because she got a C+.

Her father conquered his fear of technology and learned how to reply to email with this message "must be something in the water, keep drinking it, good work" which I would say speaks volumes.

Makes the frantic of settling into the insanity of work a bit more palatable. And there was some frantic going on here. I locked myself out of my office (twice) this morning and had to be rescued by a) cleaning staff and b) maintenance staff. First I'd left the keys in the desk drawer in my euphoria to escape on Friday of the long weekend so couldn't get in, then I exited the office when summoned by a patient and while out a fire drill was called for my office. All this before 9:30 a.m. This tone was maintained for the rest of the day but tomorrow is an out of office experience so I'm bundling up my stuff to get on the road again. Distance does bring some solace from the local angst.