Thursday, October 18, 2007

Soon Friday

As you can see on the right, the orchid (of shared custody fame) is doing well in its winter home on the bathroom window ledge looking over at its summer place. The cats (perhaps because they're older) don't seem to have discovered it's returned or maybe they're just pretending to ignore it in their feline way (as if it's a mouse) before I come home some day to find it demolished.

Tonight I spent some time polishing my resume...for a chance to freelance for Saltscapes on healthcare issues. I sure wish it was for the dream job but alas not the case. Today at one point I couldn't remember what my name was when I answered the phone (yes it was that bad of a day) thankfully it was the Team Leader who said "it's ok, it's only me and I know who you are" While I was giving flu shots I was discussing giving her new position a chance (and yes I do see the irony) with a staff member and said "oh come on now, don't you remember the first few months I had in this position, do you think the last 18 months have been fun?" She smiled and said "I was just thinking how the person before you had such a good ride and as soon as you took over...bam" I told her I'd described it to my husband as "as soon as I put my hand on it, it blew up and the crap hit the fan". When I called my two team members with a question on herpes (no, no not a personal question about me) one of them said "we have no idea as usual you are way out there with something we've never heard of" To which I replied "boldly going where no man has gone before at Warp Speed 5, make it so" and hung up.

I came home to (again) park in the tall grass on the edge of the driveway as I was unable to make it past to the house. This time it was because mister was attempting to fix the wiring on the trailer he tows with his truck. As I pulled in I heard a crunch and when I crawled out over the thistles I discovered two small wheels under the car "oh" he says "those are off the tender for the sailboat" I advised him he'd better hope I didn't have a tire puncture or he'd be a busy boy in the a.m. He had managed by fiddling until dark to get everything but right turn signal and brake lights working. Good thing that's not his day job. I told him he needed his teenaged son or one of his youthful buddies for that. He was too frustrated or traumatized after all that to think of going to camp tomorrow to put out carrots, now maybe he's thinking Saturday. I'm just glad that tomorrow is the start of the weekend!