Tuesday, March 27, 2007

It's over!!

Tonight there was another milestone in my life - another graduation - it was for the Online Basic Infection Control Course which I completed from Queens University. The profs each had some parting advice and words of congratulation then the course director played Pomp & Circumstance in the background while each of our groups had a valedictorian who said a few words on our behalf. The best part was that for the very first time since September, I had the house completely free of humans and to myself so I could actually concentrate. The certificate is in the mail. Kind of a nice wrap up for seven months of hard work. And boy am I excited it’s over! What will I do with all my free time? I’m sure I can think of a thing (or 100) to fill it in with.

There was some discussion of a celebratory trip this weekend to the camp. Talk about living the high life eh? I’m thinking that with some of the snow melt starting to dry up it may be possible to make our way in through Clyde River and over to Wagner Lake without jarring too many teeth loose in the attempt. I haven’t been in for a year and a half and mister hasn’t made it there since last fall so it would be good to check up on the state of affairs and show the spiders who’s boss. We’ll have to see how the marine weather works out. Can imagine there are some folks who manage to plan their social lives without catching the forecast but I have no idea what that kind of lifestyle looks like.

Tomorrow after work I have a massage appointment so I‘ve got supper ready to put in the slow cooker in the a.m. Makes tomorrow worth getting up for (that and a much anticipated visit by the cleaning lady) with the spa being a nice unwind after the past couple of days. This morning the phone rang at 4:18 a.m. and it was the Captain who our son lobsters with calling to tell him not to bother to get up, he would wait until daylight and “have another look at it”. When I answered he says “oh, I thought he’d answer the phone” well, considering he doesn’t have one in his room and goes into a coma requiring a severe shaking to wake him, it’s not likely. A more logical approach than waking ¾ of the house might be to just not show up - the hired man will figure out you’re not going. My nerves. In some other houses a middle of the night call might cause alarm but not here - it’s business as usual.