Tuesday, March 6, 2007

The novella continues

You wouldn’t think I’d have any interest in doing more documentation at this hour of the night after editing (a real exercise in self flagellation if ever there was one) the final course assignment for our group - let me just say that it would REALLY discourage you from eating alfalfa sprouts again! Too much (and obviously too little) knowledge can be a problem it seems.

When a friend asked as to whether I’d been to Yarmouth today as my post of yesterday suggested I explained “no, because the roads and visibility were terrible” As to whether I’m going tomorrow I replied “you’ll have to read today’s entry” and no I’m not writing a novel but living it one chapter at a time. Variously it reads like a comedy, drama, mystery, a cry for help, sometimes a travel guide and rarely a romance.

Today I think I alarmed my travel partner by disclosing that I hadn’t actually told the life partner I had booked the cruise so I decided that situation had to be remedied. She asked if he wanted to come along too on the trip and I told her “no he’s really too preoccupied but he was making noises that we could have traveled south this year” - for about one day with his schedule - but we both decided we missed this part of our winter:

http://www.auracom.com/abtkeylo/

“and I can handle him being ticked off at being excluded but not whining or feeling sorry for himself as that will make me feel guilty” So this evening I indicated by travel plans and… no problem - anticipation is always the worst part of disclosure. So.. Yes, I’m off to Yarmouth to see the travel agent tomorrow afternoon with my list of newbie cruise questions, sort out the prescription snorkel mask and maybe shop for cruise wear at Frenchy’s.

As I have been attempting to type this (about 15 min.) I have had to intervene three times in feline incidents 1) Stanley stalking and attempting to ambush the dog while she slept - alerted by canine whine for help 2) Gary trying to alternately open the bifold closet doors and eat dog food out of the bag, jumping off the top of the cupboards onto the keyboard, needing to be removed from a recycling bag he had taken up residence in and finally knocking all the mail off the bookcase. Klyde has been spanked twice for sleeping on the dining room table. I often feel that I am outnumbered by felines and living in the cat section of the zoo!