Sunday, March 18, 2007

What was I thinking?

Well, today was my first day at boot camp - complete with fit (or not) testing and I have the aches to show for it! At least I didn’t die - just wanted to at various points during the session. What was I thinking? My fitness instructor (AKA sadist) says that I’ll quickly improve if I stick with it. That’s the good thing about starting in really bad shape it can only get better from here. Now I have my program to follow three times per week. I’m guessing it will feel like slamming your hand in the car door….much better when you stop. Although daughter # 2 (who is a fitness instructor at university) did not laugh hysterically at the easiness of the routine so perhaps it is a thorough way to start. And as one of the staff at work said about my fitness friend “she scares us, we can’t go there” This is coming from ladies who are not fitness class drop outs. Anyway, enough whining.

The jolt back to work after a very nice week off is accompanied by doing the orientation session in Yarmouth for new staff in the district tomorrow morning. Nothing like heading back right into it. Daughter # 2 arrived back from the city and the weather this evening took a nasty turn with whiteouts and black ice so….it’ll just be an earlier start in the morning with a detour to Church Point then back to Yarmouth. Makes more sense to be paid mileage for 2/3 of the student transportation anyway.

Now, thinking of more pleasant topics than return to work - less than 3 weeks until trip departure - 20 days to be exact. But who’s counting? So, that’s not long to wait to be off work again. And not so long to get everything organized for the escape. If you'd like to check out the virtual cruise experience you can follow this link:

www.royalcaribbean.com/ships

Then from the top row, middle column choose Voyager Family and select Explorer of the Seas so you can see the ship with all the facilities for ex. rock climbing wall, staterooms (we'll be in 8310), shore excursions etc. Not sure how I'll handle the 3,000 + passengers coming from a village of 76 souls though. This dreaming is what keeps me going as I just realized that in addition to the travel day for work there is a teleconference for my class tomorrow night. Ugh. Only 3 more of those to go. Can see the end of that extra work from here. Yeehaw.