Saturday, March 24, 2007

Spring has Sprung

Well spring has arrived because... I was able to hang the laundry on the clothesline to dry today. Smells so good when it's fresh air dried - no comparison - the cats have been thrilled with the outdoors transported in ever since. Now, that's not to say that it was easy to retrieve those dried clothes because it was a two person operation to untwist the pulley clothesline, flip articles of clothing off and over the line and pick up things from across the yard. Will have to get used to this different climate here across the road.

Speaking of the two laundry inspectors, here is shot of them assisting me with my blogging. Who would think that the best seats in the house would be on top of the cabinets in the utility room? They take turns inhabiting the wooden prune box (note Stanley's extra long tail) large basket, or just lying out. I'm not impressed when they exit by jumping straight down on either the keyboard or me (they're used to hitting the chair when leaving). The canine assistant as you can see could care less about the blogging - she is trying to keep a low profile as it's almost bedtime.









This afternoon I spent being the official photographer for the future son-in-law's university project. I hope I get a good mark. I was out taking photos of Port Clyde and I've spent the better part of the evening online emailing them to him. So if someone is trying to reach me too bad. For all those spoiled with high speed internet think phone out of comission for hours as files are slowly uploaded and sent. Sigh. That's why there are only occasionally photos here on the blog. It has to be late at night (not unusual) or when I have lots of patience (less common) to upload the files.

My face is healing so now it's + + itchy and looks like the top layer is sliding off but at least the swelling and pain have settled a bit. I think it's better if it's left uncovered but only my immediate family will put up with looking at it like that.

So, pre-trip planning checklist as there are only 13 more sleeps before leaving.... Vaccines completed, antimalarials started? Check. Found the lint brush so we don't look like cat owners? Check. Picked out some paperbacks for the down time? Check. Reviewed the cruise information? Check. Decorated a notebook for a travel journal? Check. Started packing? Nope - keep getting interrupted. And my fashion consultant has been too busy but... since I wrote three cheques to UNB this afternoon before she left to become a Subway Sandwich Artist for the evening... I think there's a good chance we might manage a fashion show/packing spree tomorrow before her main squeeze arrives that is.

Time to close as the sandwich artist / fashion consultant has arrived home and wants to access cyberspace. Hasta.