Thursday, March 29, 2007

Spring fever or what?

Well this has been some kind of a week at work with the majority of those I've interacted with + + antsy. Not sure why - spring fever? talk of budget cuts? even heavier than usual workload? notification of new staffing patterns? All of the above? It has been one of those five day periods where (adult responsibilities like eating and paying the power bill aside) it would have been easy otherwise to say as the country song goes... take this job and shove it! However, tomorrow is Friday and as another song goes .... everybody's working for the weekend! That accurately describes this chick at this point. Speaking of working for something - it was payday today as well, which is one of my two most favorite times in the work month.

Today a colleague came from another site to help out with a presentation at work and it was great to have someone there for support - the home crowd is always a tough one - and to keep me from myself (would interfere with my cruise if I'm incarcerated for acting out my fantasies of butt kicking). Made the situation a little more frantic than usual but in a good way. I'm guessing the staff now think we're both crazy, not just me.

As for the travel plans, they've kind of taken a back seat to the occupational goings ons but am slowly picking away at my to-do list. Got a call from the bank saying they had my US money collected up. Hard call to think of how many dollars you'll need to buy souvenirs, sustenance and activities in countries you've only read about. Guess the rule of twice as much money, half as much in the suitcase applies as usual. Now just have to find a way to get to the financial establishment before closing time to pick up the $. Not much left to organize, good thing as there are only nine sleeps left before the escape.

The face scab is healing (I'm guessing) well as it's really itchy and kind of loose. The suspense for those monitoring the face (co-workers as they're looking at it and I'm looking out of it) is like watching egg hatching. I get comments like "do you think it will be ok underneath?" My latest reply has been "well the dermatologist assured me that in 10 - 12 days (day 8 today) it would be completely gone and I have to believe him as he went to school for about 10 years to be able to say that" Usually shuts down the speculation.

The fitness routine is getting manageable now, must be doing something right I guess. Will help with my trudging through the heat and humdity shortly. I can only hope the heat, the forecast was for flurries several times this week. But spring is headed our way as the daffodils are up and budded out front of the house - the ones our future son-in-law dug holes for last fall so I could plant the very generous gift of 100 bulbs from one of our summer neighbours. Such a sign of hope to see those brave first flowers, much better than the ticks which will soon follow.

Well, off to get ready for tomorrow. Have to take my mother to the dentist in the morning. This is usually quite an adventure, am sure tomorrow will be no exception.